Mental (Behavioral) Health
Everyone reacts to stress and traumatic experiences differently. While some have reactions that can be seen as normal responses to life events, others may experience signs or symptoms of more serious conditions.
Mental health and substance misuse conditions can affect anyone; you are not alone
. The Military Health System has many resources available to help those who need it.
If you or someone you know needs support now, call or text 988 or chat at 988Lifeline.org
. 988 connects you with a trained crisis counselor who can help.
McConnell AFB Mental Health Services
Our facility offers the following mental health services:
- Mental Health Clinic
- Our clinical social workers, psychologists, and psychiatrists provide a variety of mental health services available to all AD Military and Guard & Reserve members on AGR orders. Services include treatment of adults and couples, as well as psychological testing and medication management. Off-base referrals can be made as the need arises.
- Alcohol & Drug Abuse Prevention and Treatment (ADAPT)
- The Air Force Medical Service recognizes alcoholism and drug addiction as progressive and often chronic disorders that affect the entire family and that are both preventable and treatable. Treatment, management, and rehabilitation services are provided at McConnell AFB through the ADAPT program for Active-duty Military and Guard & Reserve members on AGR orders.
- One-time evaluations for civilians and non-AGR Guard & reserve members can be scheduled on a case-by-case basis. Please call the clinic to get more information regarding this type of evaluations.
- Family Advocacy Program (FAP)
- Our mission is to build healthy Air Force communities by developing, implementing, and evaluating policies and programs designed to prevent, intervene, and treat child and spouse maltreatment. The Family Advocacy Program has three main components: Outreach, Prevention and Maltreatment response. They are holistically designed to increase family cohesion, improve parenting skills, communication, enhance social networking, and promote community awareness. This is accomplished through psychoeducational briefings, educational classes, support groups, and special theme events throughout the year. Parenting, Anger Management and SSTAR classes are available as well as Family Advocacy Strength Based Therapy (FAST). FAST is individual, couple or family counseling sessions designed for prevention and not document in the electronic medical record.
- This service is available to all DoD Beneficiaries assigned to McConnell AFB or in cases where McConnell AFB is the closest MTF
Other Behavioral Health options located at McConnell AFB
- Military Family Life Consultant – 316-350-0665
- Chaplain – 316-759-3562
- Sexual Assault response Coordinator – 316-759-4357
- Equal Opportunity – 316-759-3310
- Military Family readiness Center – 316-759-6020
What TRICARE Covers
TRICARE covers medically and psychologically necessary mental health and substance use care. This includes both inpatient and outpatient care.
Getting Mental Health Care
See a Complete List of Covered Services